2012/01/17

[Spoilers] Sherlock S02 E03

The awesome thing about Sherlock is, that each episode surpasses the previous one. I started thinking after the second episode of the first season that it couldn't get better anymore. But then I saw the third one and it left me speechless. (I regained my words quickly again and started cursing at my TV, desperate to know how it continues after that massive cliffhanger.)

I don't know how true to the original books each story is, as I've only seen a few of the animated Sherlock Holmes movies and the hollywood one with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, I've yet to see the second one with them. But what I do know, is that Steve Moffat and Mark Gattis did an awesome job adapting the characters into modern times. The series is exciting and fun and at times so very, very sad.

"The Reichenbach Fall" was no exception. Moriarty is back again and more scheming than ever. He was actually really cool in this episode, I didn't take him much serious at first, he was just so silly and such a bitch. He was so over the top that it annoyed me. But this time he is so, so very evil. And Holmes, oh Holmes... he and Watson had such cute moments in this episode. And I loved to see Molly get some of Holmes attention... I really wonder what she did for him. 

And gosh, was it sad. And how I loved Moffat & Gattis for pulling the fake death just like with Irine again. (As I didn't know they had already announced a third season I really thought he was dead. orz) It somehow reminds me of the Doctor Who fake deaths of Rory tho... hopefully they won't overuse that element this time. ;>

I also wonder how Mycroft will make his big fail up to Holmes. And boy, I didn't know Mycroft was played by Gatiss. But he does a fabulous job at it! 

All in all the third season was quite the rollercoaster ride and I can't wait to get on another one. Sadly everyone is busy with filming other stuff so it will take another year again for the next season to come out. Sigh. 

But oh well, there is lots of other series I'm currently watching (Switched at Birth, Grimm, New Girl) and soon the new season of Lost Girl will start, I'm still not sure if I like the series, but Kenzi is the most awesome character ever! <3 She's just as quirky as Abbs from NCIS. Can't wait for more of that either... and after the summer, my beloved Doctor will return as well. And as soon as the PS Vita is released, I'll be plenty of distracted anyways. :>




No comments:

Post a Comment